Kenosha Bowmen S3DA Information
Competitive Youth Archery Team participating in events sanctioned by multiple governing bodies, but predominantly S3DA
Available to ages 8-18
Typically owned equipment is required, though there are avenues if not available.
Traditional, Recurve or Compound acceptable.
Multiple classes available for each age group. Elementary, Middle, & High School
Early Dec. through Late March (16 dates on the 2020 schedule)
Early April to Mid June (# of events TBD)
Early May to End of June (# of events TBD)
Mid Sept to Early Dec. (No Sanctioned Tournaments, Practices OK)
Once per week practices.
Thursdays in October, November and December
Tuesdays OR Thursdays in January, February and March
*Older, more experienced archers on Tuesdays competing in the annual “Spot League”
*Younger, less experienced archers on Thursdays competing in the annual “Youth League”
Current Roster includes 35 archers and 10 certified instructors.
WI Regional Tournaments are as close to home as Kenosha Bowmen and as far away as the Appleton area of WI.
Illinois events are typically further down state, but the participation North of Springfield is growing regularly.
State tournaments are in Fond du Lac, WI and Mt. Carmel, IL.
National Indoor Tournament is in Louisville, KY.
$25 annual Team Fee
$25 annual S3DA Membership Fee
$65 jersey, can be paid through one of our raffle fundraisers
Tournament entry fees that are typically $15-$20
$60 League Fee for Spot or Youth in Jan, Feb, March
$8 per practice range fee for non Kenosha Bowmen Members
(Waived for Members)
Kenosha Bowmen Membership Info:
All memberships are family memberships
$125 Initiation Fee
$125 Annual Dues
$25 Wisconsin Bowhunter Association Annual Membership
Dues and Association Fees are pro-rated annually from April 1
20 Work Hours for the benefit of the Club within the fiscal year starting April 1.
Critical Cultural Information:
- Safety is our first focus.
- If your student is in KUSD,
- We must make you aware of the S3DA team within the school district.
- Excellent coaches and organization.
- Friendly competition on the line, not for participants.
- KB simply did not want to engage in school district politics and chose to create a 2nd team in the area that can also serve kids and families in the area county, private and homeschools.
- None of our practices or tournaments are mandatory. Life happens.
- Families are busy and we understand this.
- We accept archers at their current skill level and work to make them their best.
- It is not a competition to see who can have the most expensive equipment.
- We do our best to keep costs minimal compared to other sports available.
- Archery is a lifelong sport, it’s supposed to be fun and enjoyable.
- We keep this in clear perspective
- We focus on excellence in sportsmanship and camaraderie.
- We’re a team and we’re a family.